BRAC Institute of Languages
Bio: Tanjila Ferdous is working as a lecturer I at the BRAC Institute of languages, BRAC University. Before she joined BRAC, she worked in Sovereign school for 1 year. She completed MA in English Language Teaching (ELT) from Department of English and Humanities of BRAC University and completed her BA (Hons) in English (Language) from University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB).Her area of teaching covers ESP for BRAC Microfinance, BRAC Education Programme (BEP), Primary Teachers’ Training Programme of BRAC, Medhabikash, Pre-University and ENG-091. Tanjila has published her research in the Institutional Repository of the BRAC University and it issued in Aug 2013.
Education: She completed her BA(Hons) in English (Language) from University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh and MA (ELT) from BRAC University before joining as a full-time lecturer.
• ENG-091(Foundation Course in ENGLISH)
• ESP for BRAC Microfinance
• ESP for Development Professionals (BRAC Education Programme)
• Primary Teachers’ Training Programme of BRAC
• English Training for BRAC Managers in supervising and developing teachers
• English Training for BRAC Managers in Programme Operation
• Medhabikash Programme
• Developed materials for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) integration training of the Save the Children
• Developed midwifery students’ linguistic ability to help them reflect, practice and assess clinical practices in English
• Involved in language part of the Community-based midwifery Diploma Program by modifying and developing six modules, training teachers’, preparing questions, assessing, and evaluating the learning outcome.
Publication: “Use of English beyond the Classroom Wall: A Study of Undergraduate Students’ Out-of-Class English Learning Activities”, Institutional Repository of the BRAC University (2013), URL- http://hdl.handle.net/10361/2760